Induction heating is noncontact heating of conducting materials. Heating accuracy and max and min temperature maintenance especially important while machining the materials that have narrow forging temperature range and which are marked by temperature-strain relation.
Induction heating application providing process automation of billet induction heating solves the problems. For this reason, the type of heating is widely applied in different spheres of industrial manufacturing and technological processes and also has a number of advantages.
Induction heating advantages are the following:
- Minimal scaling;
- High heating speed;
- Possibility of heating process automation;
- Providing various types of heating (through, zonal, surface);
- Possibility of using in various environments (vacuum, nonconducting liquid, protective gas);
- Simplicity of induction heating operation;
- Workpieces surface hardening possibility.
Induction heating is a universal type of heating its making the best use of different spheres. The prime area of induction heating application is first of all in induction heaters for part blank treatment and hardening. For example before cross wedge rolling it is required to control the temperature.
Along with that induction heating is applied in the processes of forging, stamping, bending, brazing etc.